Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Hello Peugeot

A short post tonight to advise that we took delivery of a gleaming Peugeot 307 this morning.

Its nothing short of spectacular. Having never owned a decent car, the thrill of moving both my driverĀ“s side mirror and the passenger's mirror at the same time and then having them fold in when I park was almost too much for me. It was a highlight 29 years in the making.

The day was eventful in other ways. We toured the corridors of the UN in what can only be described as Europe's most boring tour. We saw nothing, learned nothing and felt nothing. When the tour guide stopped in another corridor and asked for questions, I almost said "Does the fact that the United States is required to pay 22% of the UN's budget but is also the UN's biggest debtor state combined with the fact that it has just appointed a man as its ambassador to the UN who is openly critical of its workings compromise the ability of the UN to undertake its work throughout the world?" Fortunately I resisted the urge, but it was difficult.

The Red Cross museum on the other hand is amazing and is highly recommended for all tourists.

I also visited the headquarters of the World Intellectual Intellectual Property Organisation. It was just a short visit however having the photo taken out the front will be a special memory as I file trade marks throughout my career.

Off to France tomorrow.

Bonjour

PS - Another internet cafe, another failed USB connection for the photos. Sorry fans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home